Tuesday 19 June 2012

Final self portrait/contact sheet of images.


I took this image for my self portrait assignment because my idea was just to take self portraits in black and white with different emotions/feelings and to capture them in a photograph. I took it in black and white because it makes your appearance look better than it would do in colour and you can hide yourself in a way with black and white, threw editing you can make things you want to stick out in the photograph darker or lighter. The picture is trying to say how I might get fed up with doing things that I don’t want to do but with my hands saying I am strong enough to do anything and I will never give up no matter how hard it gets. The camera was on a tripod that was on my computer desk and I had the camera in manual and I had the ISO at 100 and the aperture at 5.6 and the shutter speed was at 1/50, the lighting was just what I was getting through the window in front of me and the window to the side of me, so natural daylight and also it was shot in raw then edited then saved as a jpeg. The way I composed the image was to have me closer to the camera so I could make an impact and I would fill the frame, by you wouldn’t get distracted by anything in the background and look anywhere else I’d be the main focus of the whole picture. Also hopefully you would be drawn to my eyes as it’s quite a haunting look I am giving out and then to the strength of my hands in the image.


contact sheet.



No comments:

Post a Comment